The Royal Society of Chemistry has an opportunity for a Junior Support Analyst to join us on a permanent full-time (35-hour week) basis, at our Science Park Cambridge office (free on-site parking and close to public transport).
As a Support Analyst for the Royal Society of Chemistry, you will be part of a team responsible for providing high quality technical support and implementation for all corporate desktop systems and business systems support, via our service desk. You will also have specific responsibility for incident and request fulfilment, as defined by ITIL. Our Service Support Team are part of our IT Operations team and work alongside our Global Services and SRE teams.
Your accountabilities will include:
- Responsible for incident and request fulfilment via our service desk, ensuring maximum issue resolutions in minimum time.
- Following and suggesting improvements to procedures for the systems\solutions to assist the Service Support team in providing a stable platform for our customers.
- Adopting and complying with industry best practice such as ISO, ITIL or SDI standards.
- Maintaining or exceeding a high level of customer satisfaction for the services provided, at a team and individual level.
- Contributing to the development of the customer facing systems and working practises to ensure that they meet the current and future demands of the business.
- Ensuring that technical risks are brought to the attention of our Service Support Manager.
- Recommending proactive, innovative IT solutions for the improvement of IT design and operation whenever and wherever possible.
- Accountable for quality of data recorded, configuration items, inventory and regular audits.
We are looking for:
- Awareness of IT corporate infrastructure (hardware, databases, client devices, Windows operating systems, active directory services, importance of systems redundancy etc.) used within a corporate IT environment.
- A computing degree or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Able to work without constant reference to others.
- A consistent professional attitude, building and maintaining relationships with our customers and demonstrating customer-focussed behaviour at all times.
- Excellent communication skills and able to explain technical concepts equally to customers with a level of technical understanding and those without.
- Experience of ITIL Incident management and Request fulfilment processes would be an advantage.
- Experience working in a DevOps environment.
At the Royal Society of Chemistry, we will reward your contribution with excellent benefits.
If this sounds of interest, please apply before the end of our closing date.
For a full job description, please click here.