The Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) is the world’s leading chemistry community and the UK’s professional body for chemical scientists. We are a £50m-turnover not-for-profit organisation and award-winning global knowledge business, with over 500 staff and 55,000 members worldwide.
For 175 years the RSC has promoted, supported, and celebrated chemistry. We conduct a range of charitable activities to shape the future of the chemical sciences for the benefit of science and humanity.
We seek a Legal Services Solicitor to join us on a permanent full-time (35-hour week) basis. You will work closely with internal clients, primarily in the UK and globally, based at our Cambridge office, with some days in our London office, as required.
As Legal Services Solicitor, you will provide a high quality, succinct and current legal service to the RSC, including:
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating commercial contracts, editorial, licensing and publishing agreements, terms and conditions, collaboration and IT agreements.
- Conducting research and advising the RSC on compliance matters such as data protection, anti-bribery and human rights.
- Advising the RSC on aspects of commercial, intellectual property, commercial property, and charity and trusts laws.
- Advising on merger/acquisition projects relating to all directorates, including carrying out due diligence and negotiation of heads of terms and sale agreements.
- Advising on lease and licence arrangement for UK and international office accommodation.
- Assisting in designing legal best practice guidance documents and policies for our internal clients, including the RSC UK operations, Interest Groups and global group operations both in the UK and internationally.
- Fully qualified solicitor with relevant post-qualification experience.
- Experience in drafting, review and advising upon commercial contracts with a working knowledge of commercial contract issues (including contract validity, data protection, intellectual property rights, trademark protection, and termination and liability issues).
- Experience of compliance and regulatory matters.
- Understanding of charity and trust laws.
- Ability to demonstrate high levels of initiative and motivation, work independently, manage assigned tasks in an assertive, efficient and timely manner, and to multi-task and keep calm under pressure.
- Ability to work closely with other team members, displaying trust and loyalty.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, including a good telephone manner and demonstrating professionalism in all dealings.
- Proven organisational and time-management skills together with the ability to handle a wide range of work whilst prioritising and working to meet deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail and commitment to continuous professional development.
- Highly efficient and competent in the use of ICT systems and information including MS Office and Outlook as well as legal research tools.
- Experience of contract databases and procedures.
You can view more about the Royal Society of Chemistry on our website and our benefits include: http://www.rsc.org/about-us/work-for-us/#benefits.
If interested, please apply by our closing date.
For a full job description, please click here.